WHAT YOU ARE AIMING TO ACHIEVE
Setting clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children by:
- Providing written information on appropriate conduct and behaviour towards children
- Detail acceptable and unacceptable behaviours in situations as they relate to your club. For example, physical contact, personal care, online communication, adult to child ratios, camps and travel.
- Educate everyone (coaches, officials, staff, volunteers, parents and children) about the required standards of behaviour and what will happen if a person does not comply
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Develop a new (or review your existing) code of conduct.
- Ensure the Code of Conduct outlines clear standards for working with children in a range of situations and environments.
- Ensure everyone, including Committee, Coaches, Officials, Volunteers, Parents, Staff and participants are aware of the Code of Conduct and have them sign and agree to it. This will be a part of the MyPonyClub membership registration process
- Require agreement with the code of conduct if for some reason the individual has not registered on the MyPonyClub system. Ie. Photographers at your event.
- Provide the contact details of the Club MPIO/CSO to assist with enquiries and activities
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
Build ownership and commitment to the code of conduct by providing opportunities for everyone to contribute to the code of conduct.
Educate committee members, volunteers (staff), parents and children about the required standards of behaviour and what will happen if a person does not comply. This may occur at:
- Committee meetings
- Registration/Induction nights
- Club Information nights
- Part of the registration process
VICSPORT - STANDARD 3