WHAT YOU ARE AIMING TO ACHEIVE
- Creating a culture that makes child safety everyone’s business by:
- Protecting the interests of children, not the club
- Make child safety a top priority within the club
- Take a zero-tolerance approach to child abuse, to racial, religious or cultural discrimination
- Establish values, behavioural expectations and practices that are promote a child safe culture
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Have a commitment to child safety
- Put your commitment on the web and in member documents
- Display ChildSafe posters in your Club Rooms
- Have a dedicated section on your website for childsafe
- Nominate at least one person to be your Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO) or Child Safe Officer (CSO).
- Get your MPIO/CSO to undertake training provided on the Play by the Rules website and Australian Sport Commission website.
- Child Protection
- Harassment & Discrimination
- Member Protection Information Officer
- Complaint Handling Training
- Encourage everyone on your committeee to undertake training provided on the Play by the Rules website and Australian Sport Commission website.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
- Make ChildSafe a standing item on your committee meeting agenda
- Make child safety a regular communication item to your members
- Promote what is happening within your Club through short case studies or articles in your newsletters/social media
- Report on your progress towards child safe sport in your yearly review or annual report
- Discuss child safety at your Club’s events such as your AGM, presentation, trivia nights and other highly attended events
- Undertake training with all committee members, coaches, officials, volunteers, parents and children.
- Congratulate members who are taking steps to address the Standards via presentations, emails and your website
- Provide clear communication to members about what you have done and are planning to do
STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT | E-POSTER1 | E-POSTER2 | E-POSTER3